get you a girl who can do bothDesign & Development
A custom wordpress theme for Southwest Review, the third longest-running literary quarterly in the United States.
A single page website for a development agency that specializes in serving small business web needs. I focused on incorporating nostalgic imagery from pulp fiction comics to match the tongue-in-cheek branding and emphasize the personable tone of the company.
A website for AYSO Beverly Hills Region 76. This project was done while working with inLeague, a software company specializing in youth soccer league management. inLeague's language of choice is ColdFusion and this site was built using Mura, a CMS written in CF.
A single page website for Barlogic, a company offering a variety of products to help bar owners and restaurateurs run their businesses.
A custom wordpress theme for a general practice dentist built with the Sage boilerplate theme.
As both a designer and developer, I love that I have the tools to solve problems and implement solutions. I believe that products can be simple, but they don't have to be boring.
I'm always on the hunt for what's new and changing in the world of design and code. The plethora of things to learn and deep dive into is part of what drew me to tech in the first place. Currently, I am learning React, experimenting with Adobe XD and prototyping an app for foodies.
When I'm not glued to a screen I like practicing aerial arts, eating good food, and rolling for initiative.
I am currently available for freelance work and I'm always interested in participating in new, exciting projects. Feel free to get in touch!
Design Manager & Frontend Developer / Practice Cafe2015 - Current
- Trained and managed a team of two designers.
- Organized and ran lightning talks for the web team.
- Ran workshops in-house to help educate other teams about the basics of the web.
- Worked daily with the digital marketing team to create and optimize landers for various campaigns.
- Designed full websites, landers, and one-off social media posts for clients and internal use.
- Built performant and maintainable wordpress sites for various practices all over the U.S. and Canada.
- Maintained and debugged existing sites for clients on a variety of platforms and content management systems, such as Drupal and MODX.
Designer & Frontend Developer / The Biggest Nerd2018 - Current
The Biggest Nerd is a subcompany of Practice Cafe, that offers development services to businesses without in-house teams.
- Designed and developed custom themes for a variety of businesses, including Asure Software.
- Maintained and made content and design updates to e-commerce sites, such as Tushy.
- Collaborated with project managers and fellow developers to help guide projects, establish standards and ensure clients get the best product possible.
Designer & Frontend Developer / inLeague2015 - 2018
- Designed and coded a flexible, custom theme for a youth soccer regional league using the content management system Mura.
- Redesigned and delivered frontend code for the updated youth soccer league management web application.
- Designed and helped build out the mobile app version using PhoneGap.
Frontend DeveloperJune 2015 - Current
- Worked closely with a variety of clients one-on-one to design and build websites within budget and time constraints.
- Collaborated with freelance designers to help build preformant and dynamic themes for clients.